Baltimore SEO: How to Increase Website Traffic in 2019
If you have an online business in Baltimore, and you want to increase your website traffic in 2019 this article is for you! Baltimore SEO is a must in digital marketing strategy into the following year.
With Baltimore SEO you will show up in search engines for people to see you first when they are looking for your services, which will not only increase your traffic, but boost your online sales considerably.
In this article we will analyze the latest Search Engine Optimization Trends and the way you can make the most of them within your strategy in 2019.
Baltimore SEO: How to Increase Website Traffic in 2019
1. VOICE SEARCH
Voice search is going to be one of the main areas of focus for SEO in 2019 and beyond. It’s estimated that by 2020, voice search will account for about 50% of total searches and that already 40% of adults currently use voice search at least once a day. You will have to pay attention on this trend to capture this traffic with your Baltimore SEO Strategy.
Baltimore SEO Tips for Voice Search:
1. Answer Questions: The best way to capture voice search traffic to your website is to fucus more towards answering your customers questions and solving their problem.
2. Use Long Tail Keywords - Since they are using terms like ‘where’, ‘how’, ‘why’, ‘when’, the best SEO strategy is to use long tail keywords that include this words into your content.
3. Publish FAQ Pages: Since the searches made by your customers are long, question-based queries these are likely to find a match on an FAQ page. You can also use this format within your website: a conversational question and a brief answer right underneath it.
4. Write Easy to Understand Content: The simpler the language used, the easier it is for Google to nail the Elocution factor on tools like Google Home. Your content needs to contain simple words that are easy for Google to pronounce, and simple information that is easy to understand without any visual reference.
5. Optimize for Featured Snippets: In many ways Featured Snippets are ideal voice search results. They’re concise answers pulled from trusted, authoritative sources. You can find more information on how to rank for featured snippets here: Guide to Featured Snippets
2. MOBILE FIRST
It’s not a secret that smartphones have radically changed the demographics of internet and the way we use it. Today, pretty much everyone uses a smartphone to access internet on regular basis. According to a research by 2019 the number of mobile users will increase from 4.3 billion last year to 5.2 billion. You need to be prepared to show up on searches made on mobile phones.
Baltimore SEO Tips for Mobile First:
1. Optimize for Mobile Content: Text on a mobile screen can be quite difficult to read for some. Keeping paragraphs short and highlighted with headings and sub-headings makes the content easier to absorb and will keep your audience engaged in your website.
2. Make it Responsive: Responsive design is a method used that will automatically adjust the layout of a website depending on the screen resolution of the visitor. This design will make it easier for people to share content, and it saves resources when Googlebot crawls your pages, increasing your chances to appear in mobile searches.
3. Improve your Mobile Speed: As mobile devices are driven by convenience, most users want sites to load up quickly. Any millisecond you can shave off improves your chances of not losing the audience. So make sure to take a look at your Images, coding, responsive elements, ad serve networks, and more to speed up your site.
4. Optimize for Local Users: For Baltimore Businesses optimizing the site for mobile users is vital. This is because more people are turning to Google search to find your local business. This optimization includes adding your city and state to things like the title tag, H1 headings, alt tags, meta descriptions and URLs. Since people often trust a business that displays contact information, making sure this is prevalent on your mobile site is also important.
3. VIDEO CONTENT
With 80% of internet traffic predicted to be spent on video in 2018 need I say more? Video has skyrocketed as a prominent type of content. Tap into this power by adding videos to your own content. Not only will it help you to draw more traffic, but you will also improve engagement with those who come to the site.
Baltimore SEO Tips for Video Content:
1. Optimize Metadata: Tags, filenames, and descriptions play an integral role in video SEO. Since you already have a keyword picked out, go ahead and use that in your video’s tags. Finally, make sure you save your video with your primary keyword as its filename because there are a number of third-party tools on the web that crawl through and factor in video filenames.
2. Add Video Transcript: Search engine bots crawl text and use it for indexing. So, a video transcript helps search engines better understand the video’s content and improve its ranking. You can embed it into platforms like Youtube. A transcript will help you deliver more value to your viewership by improving their user experience and it’ll give you the opportunity to use the primary keyword you’re targeting for, a few more times.
3. Make your Tubnail Image Engaging: The video thumbnail is what the searcher will see when your video is indexed, therefore it plays a significant role in whether people click. It needs to be compelling, relevant, and all around beautiful.
4. INFLUENCER MARKETING
The past 2 years have seen an exponential rise in influencer marketing as part of modern marketing strategies. A dramatic rise is seen in both the number of social media influencers and brands looking to leverage their reach. This marketing strategy is an important part of your Baltimore SEO strategy as well because it will position your brand in other platforms.
Baltimore SEO Tips for Influencer Marketing:
1. Find Influencers: Find influencers in different niches and with varying levels of influence to create a diverse profile of positive mentions and links. The more content there is about you on the web, the likelier your brand is to dominate the SERPs, whether or not the results are all from your own website
2. Reach Out Influencers: Generally, the two best ways to contact an influencer are email and social media direct messaging. Many influencers prefer to connect with their community through social media platforms like Twitter or Instagram so try to engage with them on these networks. Also look around their website to learn how they like to communicate with their readers.
3. Build Backlinks: Google’s algorithm runs on backlinks. Backlinks from your influencers result in clicks, social shares, and sales just like regular follow links thus increasing the probability that others will naturally link to you with more backlinks.
With all these trends there is no excuse, 2019 has to be the year when you finally increase traffic to your website and boost your sales. Old SEO techniques need to stay behind so you can start the year ahead of your competitors with the latest Baltimore SEO trends.
You might also like:
- Maryland SEO: Why you Don't Appear in Google
- How to Appear on Google with Maryland Local SEO
- Maryland SEO Consultant Tips for Small Businesses