Is my Website SEO Friendly? Tips to Make it Possible
The importance of building a SEO-friendly website in undeniable. Integrating SEO Optimization into the structure of your website will increase your presence on search engines.
The structure of your website has a huge impact on the user experience, and the potential search engine success of the site. From site structure to navigation to content, let’s consider best practices for optimal website structure.
In this article of Search Engine Land you will find everything you need to know about the structure of your website.
Work Behind the Scenes
Google only loves you when everyone else loves you first. – Wendy Piersall
- Surely you are interested in knowing are the requirements for search engines can crawl your site, it is the way you can go out in the results.
- To index your site you need to work primarily on the text of your website and make it simple so any search engine can understand it. Here’s a complete guide of how to index your site.
- The link structure is also important, your website needs search engine directives and tools like XML sitemaps make it possible for search engines to track them and recognize them.
- Make sure to add context to the URLs of your page to make it easy to understand to users and search engines. Another thing that will help the indexation of your website is to keep your URLs short, a recent analysis of 1 million Google search results found that short URLs rank best in Google.
- Tags are the key. The <title> tag is the primary behind-the-scenes tag that can influence your search engine results, meta description is the content of your advertisement for that page in a set of search engine results and heading tags will help to indicate a structure on your content.
Focus on Navigation
The success of a page should be measured by one criteria: Does the visitor do what you want them to do? – Aaron Wall
In this era we tend to look for immediacy, we want to find what we are looking in a simple and fast way, this is why the navigation of your website should be easy and allow the visitors to find the content without complicated routes.
Page Speed is another factor you shouldn’t forget, it is important that the user can navigate your site without complications or wait for a page to load years to open. Google will take into account pages that also offer a good user experience.
Go Mobile Friendly
The percentages of mobile users are growing every time, according to according to Searchmetrics 90% of top the 100 websites have an Android app and 89% have an iOS app, but only 30% of Android and 19% of iOS apps have integrated deep linking/app indexing.
You should focus on the mobile users needs and optimize your content, going mobile friendly is a ranking factor for mobile search.
The content of your site must be of quality and engaging. To optimize your content you must add keywords, use synonyms and co-occurrence of keywords. And of course structure your content correctly with the corresponding tags.
Making your website SEO friendly is a concern of all those seeking a better position in Google, as you saw, are a series of steps that are focused on providing the best experience and content to the user. Without a doubt, Google's formula to achieve a good ranking is still a mystery, but with this quick guide you will be closer to achieving it.
You may also like: