Maryland SEO for Black Friday
It is probable that by now you have started thinking about turkey and cranberry sauce, however, it is important that you also think about the optimization of your website and start preparing for the epic holiday weekend as all the Maryland SEO agencies.
Every time there is an increase in the number of people who look at the screens and prefer to buy from the comfort of their home to go to physical stores. According to the National Retail Federation and Prosper Insights & Analytics survey, in 2017 approximately 58 million people chose to do their shopping online only, versus roughly 51 million at physical stores only.
Another important piece of information you should know is: Based on Adobe Analytics data, a record $ 5.03 billion was spent online on Black Friday, an increase of 16.9 percent over last year and a new record for the day. A good deal of the shopping took place on the websites of physical retailers.
So as you can see, it is certainly important that your website is fast and free of bugs and offers an excellent reception on the weekend of Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
In this article on Cloudways you will learn how to optimize your website and receive sales while enjoying another slice of pumpkin pie.
HOW TO PREPARE YOUR SEO FOR BLACK FRIDAY
Review the Technical SEO Fundamentals
- Make sure you have a proper URL structure.
- Redirects: 301 redirects for all pages that you have moved to new URL and 302 redirects for pages that are currently in development and add a 404 error message.
- Security: Does your website have an SSL certificate? You can check this by seeing if your website address starts with HTTPS. This extra bit of security gives your SEO to boost and makes visitors more comfortable when using your website.
- Speed: Make sure that all of your images are optimized for the web to increase your page load speed. Check your page's loading speed. The faster your page loads the more sales you will make. The article of Cloudways recommend to add CSS and Java minifying scripts to increase page speed.
- Watch out for Broken Links: Make sure that there are no broken links on the page.
- Use is keyword-based URLs. According Brian Dean of Backlinko, adding keyword in the URL increases its weightage in SERPs.
- Resolve 404 Errors: A 404 error is an HTTP status code that means that the page you were trying to reach on a website could not be found on their server. Make sure you have a proper 404 error page in place and create a custom 404 page.
Normal SEO On-Page
Bet on your content
- Create CTA’s: In this era in which users already intend to buy, you must incite them by adding Call To Actions in all your content, from landing pages, blog posts, this way you will be able to show visitors your promotions that will make it easier to purchase your products.
- Landing Pages: A great idea to approach your audience and promote your products is to create a landing page specifically focused on Black Friday. Once you have created and published it, do not forget to update the sitemap so that the search engines can recognize it.
- Keywords: Surely you have a list of top-performing keywords for your business. However, forming a list of holiday-specific keywords will help your business attract new customers searching for the perfect gift.
- Since you have the keywords specifically for holidays, be sure to add them to the tags:
- Page Title tag - is the keyword at or near the beginning of the title tag? An improved title tag can also impact click through rate - oftentimes in a big way.
- H1 - does your page header include the keyword?
- Body - is the keyword mentioned at least 2-3 times in the body of your article?
- Alt text - if you have images relevant to the keywords you find, include them in the alt tag where it makes sense
- Make Sure to be Mobile Friendly: As I mentioned at the beginning, half of the people who buy on Black Friday are online and Create a Holiday Campaign effective. This is a list of the Last Minute Black Friday Marketing Strategies for Mobile you shouldn’t miss.
- Gift Guides:
Gift guides are popular no matter the industry. You can easily sift through the online crowds and cut straight to your target audience by creating a gift guide that is specific to your niche market.
Since you worked internally on your website, now is the time to see what you can do off-page to improve your SERP rank and increase the leads on Black Friday.
- Link Building:
You should build links to your post early to ensure that Google indexes it and builds credibility for your post early, to ensure optimal search engine rankings. Cloudways recommend: Display advertisements on websites, Forum posting, Blog commenting, Web 2.0 creation, High quality PBNs, Social bookmarking.
- Consider Adding Video:
Research shows that video increases conversions, particularly for e-commerce sites. Use video on product pages to offer additional information and show how to product can be used or worn. Consider creating video gift guides featuring multiple products and share via your blog and social media.
These tips will help you to have your site prepared for this weekend of Black Friday, to improve your rank in SERP and of course generate more leads.
You may also like:
- Maryland SEO: Why Did my Website Traffic Drop?
- Maryland SEO Agency Best Tips to Rank in 2018
- Maryland SEO Consultant Tips for Small Businesses